Trish is a director of professional services and business advisory firm SlingsbyTaylor. A professional company director and chartered engineer, she also serves on the boards of Australian and international companies in the transport, housing, insurance, government and university sectors.
Formerly, Trish was Executive Strategic Advisor for WorleyParsons Ltd, working in the global resources and energy industries. That followed a career as a cabinet minister in the South Australian government, where she led the infrastructure, transport, urban development, science and education portfolios. Prior to that, her career had been in applied research with the Defence Science and Technology Organisation. Her early career was spent as a telecommunications engineer in Queensland and managing national infrastructure projects in Canberra. She is a Fellow of the College for Leadership and Management, Institution of Engineers Australia and Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
- She is a director of business advisory firm, SlingsbyTaylor;
- National President and Board Chair, Engineers Australia;
- Non-executive director, CHL Group of Companies, and serves on boards of Indian and African subsidiaries;
- Non-executive member, Office Australian National Rail Safety Regulator;
- Chair Advisory Board, Faculty Engineering, Computing and Mathematical Sciences, Adelaide University;
- Chair Advisory Board, Business and Law School, University of South Australia;
- Board member, Innovative Manufacturing Accelerator, New Ventures Institute.